The position of Technical Services Consultant is to provide onsite and remote technical services to new and existing customers.
Your job will primarily be implementing the migrated software at clients located throughout Europe as well as from the Asysco office in Coevorden and occasionally in the America’s.
This position is challenging and diversified because of the variety in duties and travel. While implementing the migration project solutions you’ll be able to develop your skills and competences. During this process you’ll be heavily involved in the projects.
As a Services Consultant you will:
- report to Asysco’s Services Manager
- work in the full life cycle of Asysco’s migration projects from the initial Site Survey and discovery, to implementing the migrated software and supporting the customer to resolve issues, right through to the Go Live.
- provide onsite support for software upgrades
- provide onsite and offsite support for post migration packages.
- be required to provide technical presentations.
- prepare help file content, training materials, project documentation and support manuals.
- analyze environments and proceed to optimize and modernize customer applications following migrations
- work with Asysco’s Migration Technology (AMT). This enables the customers to transfer from a mainframe to a Microsoft Windows platform.
In order to fill the position of Services Consultant we expect you to:
- be keen to travel (up to 70% onsite at customer locations)
- show initiative and be creative in taking decisions and solving problems
- have a Bachelor/ Master qualification
- have at least two years of experience in the field of software development in an MS Windows environment
- have programming experience with C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, VBScript/ Powershell
- have experience with relational database management systems like MS SQL server, Oracle, DB2
- preferably have experience in IBM or Unisys Mainframe Technologies (COBOL, Naturel, LINC, JCL, WFL, ECL, DB2, DMS, ADABAS)
- have a good command of the English language
- possess customer service skills and good communication skills
- display an ability to be able to work independently in the future
- be residing in Europe, preferably in The Netherlands/ UK
It would be a plus if you:
- have some experience with installing, configuring and maintaining current versions of VM Ware/ Hyper-V, IIS, TCP/IP, Microsoft Windows Server, MS SQL Server or Oracle and Windows Active Directory
- have some experience in System Analysis, Systems Administration and/or Systems Integration
Asysco’s Core Competencies:
To fit the Asysco culture we expect all our employees to:
- possess good problem solving skills
- be able to work individually as well as in a team
- have strong perseverance
- have a strong customer focus
- have (and work by) strong ethics and values
- Good salary & benefits
- A dynamic postion within a continuously developing global organization
- This position can be offered as a permanent position/ long term contract
Interested in this position?
For additional information about this position you can contact our office at:
+31 (0)524 515386
To apply for this position please fill out and submit the application below.