Automated migration technology is key to success
The key to success is Asysco’s proven automated migration of the entire legacy ecosystem: code, data, batch, scheduling, operations management, security, etc. are all automatically converted to open systems equivalents delivering a target environment that delivers same or better quality of service (availability, scalability, resilience, manageability, security, ..).
Complete automation is critical, as it ensures that the resulting environment behaves in a predictable way, manual migration errors are (virtually) impossible (no manual changes of the target code and data are even allowed), and testing can be done more efficiently than in any other scenario. With the support from automated testing through TestMatch, capturing source transactions and outcomes, rerunning these in the new environment and automatically comparing the outcome, even the testing effort is reduced to a manageable minimum.
Through a series of steps, the legacy objects are imported, parsed, analysed, optimized and stored in a central repository from which the new system will be generated. The system maintains consistency and alignment between objects and data and ensures that everything gets migrated in context.
“If you’re looking to modernize your legacy system and migrate to a Windows based environment within a reasonably short timeframe, we strongly recommend Asysco and their experienced professionals. They do the job!”
Marija Piasevoli, OTP banka IT Director and URBIS migration Project Manager
- A customer specific native solution instead of emulation software providing mainframe functionality
- No limitations that any commercial emulation software has (and would require to be retrofitted for existing users)
- Increased flexibility during the migration process (e.g. to provide performance optimizations)
- Elimination of dependency on (and lock-in of) legacy technologies
- Faster innovation due to the adoption of native open systems based technologies
- Improved development, testing and acceptance productivity by using integrated, modern software lifecycle frameworks
- Full support of deployment options whether traditional or Cloud (private, public or hybrid) using low cost, commodity infrastructures instead of high cost specialized technologies.