SPB, the European leader in affinity insurance and services, has chosen Asysco to migrate them off their Unisys mainframe and to fully deploy the migrated system into the Microsoft Azure cloud.
SPB was looking for an agile and modern alternative for their mainframe and contacted Asysco. After talking to Asysco reference customers like Aegon and Vivat, and once SPB had fully understood and embraced the benefits of Asysco Migration Technology (AMT), they immediately decided to go for the Asysco solution and to start the project.
About the project
The scope of the legacy transformation project includes …
- Unisys A-Series (Libra) mainframe
- Applications with approx. 6 Mio. lines of legacy code (including LINC, COBOL, WFL)
- DMS II databases with a combined production volume of around 1 TB
The foreseen target platform is Microsoft’s Azure cloud, and the target IDE is Asysco’s proven AMT LION solution. As always, Asysco will deliver the project under a fixed time, fixed price regime. The Go Live of the migrated environment is currently scheduled for early next year.
Benefits for SPB
- Reduce system risk (support expiration, skills availability)
- Eliminate Unisys mainframe lock-in
- Avoid future cost (not having to upgrade existing legacy technology) and dramatically lower infrastructure TCO
- Drive innovation through cloud computing through….
- Enabling and empowering agility and productivity
- Introduction of competition and choice
- Open standards and commoditisation
About SPB Group
SPB operates as a broker and is European leader in affinity insurances and services for more than 100 major brands, with operations in 13 countries such as Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Morocco, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Tunisia, the UK and the USA. SPB is an independent family-held company founded in 1965 by the Guian Family. Operating on a white label basis, SPB offers unique expertise in designing and managing tailor-made insurance programmes, warranty extensions and related services for banking products, mobile phones and devices, household needs and everyday goods. SPB’s skill chain allows customers to build value and loyalty. Founded in Normandy in northern France, SPB employs 1.900 staff. SPB’s model is robust, generating over €285 million gross revenue with a prestigious client roster that includes Auchan, BNP Paribas, Barclaycard, Bouygues Telecom, Carrefour, Cdiscount, Digitick, E. Leclerc, Fnac Spectacles, Gamestop/Micromania, LCL, Lloyds Bank, Orange, Media Markt Europe, Proximus. For more information: www.spb.eu