Independent analyst SIG confirms: Asysco’s legacy migration improves development and maintainability
Software Improvement Group, Europe’s leading authority on code quality and maintenance, has performed an evaluation of Asysco’s Migration Technology. In the report SIG explores:
- Quality of the post-conversion source code, compared to pre-conversion, in terms of maintainability ;
- Impact on source code maintenance activities of an existing development team ;
- Software engineering practices supported by the post-conversion development environments, compared to today’s industry standards;
- Organisational and strategic implications to take into consideration;
According to SIG, when comparing the original legacy code with the converted code, the overall code maintainability rating improves through Asysco’s transformation.
The key findings of the report are:
- All conversions (to C#, LION and AMT-COBOL) result in a system that is as maintainable as the original system, and ultimately provide developers with more and better tools to do their job;
- ‘Off-the-shelf’, all options allow organisations to move away from the mainframe infrastructure;
- Organisations get a vastly improved (AMT) or state-of-the art (Visual Studio) development environment.